You got the exercise clothes, weights and treadmill for Christmas and now it’s time to put them to use. None of us stay in the same shape as high school, and working out the same way you did back when you were eighteen is going to make you very sore. That makes the next workout a lot tougher. The goal is to string together a few workouts until you can look back and say I’m an athlete! Personal trainers have the knowledge and experience to create those kinds of work outs. I strongly invite you to consult a trainer. You can do it for free! We have a hotline 855-355-FITU(3488)
We are here to help!
Here are a few tips:
1. Start out easy. It is okay for your first workout to seem like not much of a workout. The fact is, you will have no idea what kind of shape you are in until 2 days after.
2. Stretch out after each exercise and hold the stretch for at least 10 seconds. Bend the joint in the opposite direction of where you feel tight, go slow and stop before it hurts.
3. If you are doing Cardio (walking, biking, elliptical, jogging swimming etc.) start at a speed you can do while talking at the same time. If you are too winded, slow down, decrease your resistance or stop, catch your breath and start again. It will get easier. Don’t be discouraged. I had to do the same thing at one time!
4. If you are lifting weights, select a weight that you can control. Stop the repetitions when you just start to feel them. There will be plenty of workouts when you can push it but not the first few.
5. Schedule when you are going to exercise, the try to pair it with something you like. It can be new music or a TV show on the DVR. Mary Poppins was onto something when she said “just a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down.”
6. Make yourself accountable. Post your intent on your Facebook page or “Like” our page and report your progress in there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Personal-Best-Fitness-Training/77702350545?ref=hl
Personal Best Fitness Training LLC is trying to be the company that you use as your resource to get fit, call us if you have questions or shoot us an e-mail. We are on call because we feel your success!